OOFOS UK (trading as 'OOFOS’) (“We/Us/Our") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Sport Factory Ltd. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08998896 and have our registered office at Acre House, 11-15 William Road, London, NW1 3ER. Our VAT number is GB 189114489.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site oofos.co.uk (“Our Site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to, information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, complete or abandon a transaction, verify your credit card, arrange for delivery or return of a purchase, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, obtain a discount from our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and financial and credit card information.Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- _session_id Unique token, sessional, allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc.)
- _shopify_visit No data held, persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _shopify_uniq No data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer
- cart Unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, stores information about the contents of your cart
- _secure_session_id Unique token, sessional
- storefront_digest Unique token, indefinite if the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access
This includes Google Analytics cookies. For a full list of cookies used by Google Analytics visit:
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- To populate your user profile;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you and/or to provide you with our electronic newsletter. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form);
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If Sport Factory Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sport Factory Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Our site is hosted on Shopify Inc (“Shopify”). Some information you provide to us is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the Shopify application, on secure servers. Shopify’s Terms of Service and Privacy Statement can be found at http://www.shopify.com/legal. We also use various other technologies to store information when you visit our site.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with an AES-128 encryption, through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us or at Sport Factory Ltd, Acre House, 11-15 William Road, London, NW1 3ER.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.